Friday, August 7, 2009

One of the great American hockey players hangs up the skates...

Jeremy Roenick, choking up throughout his farewell speech, leaves the game as one of four Americans who scored at least 500 goals. He finished with 513.

"This is a great day for me," Roenick said. "I had the greatest career I could possibly imagine. My body can't do it any more even though my head and my passion are still in the game. I know, truly in my heart, it's time to leave the game."

Roenick also had 703 assists in 1,363 regular-season games with the Chicago Blackhawks, Phoenix Coyotes, Philadelphia Flyers, Los Angeles Kings and Sharks.

Roenick had 53 goals and 69 assists in 154 games with the Blackhawks, Coyotes, Flyers and Sharks in the playoffs. His six goals in Game 7s is tied for second all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment