Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Real TJ hates virtual TJ

The Seattle Seahawks' T.J. Houshmadzadeh, upset he's only rated the sixth-best receiver in his conference in the upcoming Madden 10, has vowed not to play the game no more.

Speaking to ESPN Radio bleatmeister Colin Cowherd yesterday, Houshmandzadeh took issue with his overall 91, acknowledged a relatively low yard-per-catch stat, and then threw his old team (Cincinnati) under the bus to justify this fit of pique - which is all too typical of NFL players primarily tasked with catching or deflecting forward passes.

"I understand I averaged 10 yards a catch, but it's the offense, not me. I'm not playing Madden no more until they get my rating right. ... I used to be the best in the world at Madden. I'm going to miss not playing it, but until they do me right, I' not playing it any more."

ESPN blogger Mike Sando points out that Houshmadzadeh was the sixth-best receiver in the NFC according to Madden 10, with scores of 95 or better in core skills such as catching, catch-in-traffic and route-running.

No comments:

Post a Comment