Friday, July 31, 2009

Ex-American Idol contestant calls the show "fixed"

American Idol season 8 semi-finalist Ju'Not Joyner spoke out against the reality show competition, claiming it's rigged. In a chat with AI Now, the singer made it clear that although he's thankful for the opportunity, he was never given a fair shot on the show.

"Welll ... first of all, let me say that I'm grateful that I was on the show. Now that that's out the way, I hated L.A. I met some cool folks but overall, it's a fixed thing if I every saw one," he says.
"The producers know who they want and they slant it to reflect that. They fix it in a way that makes you surprised but it's still manipulated," he continues.
Skip over this content

"Think about it...ADAM, ADAM, ADAM then...Kris....SURPRISE!" Ju'Not adds.

The former contestant elaborated his point, emphasizing that it is a TV series. "What I mean is that people think AI is a talent show. No. It's a reality show with writers!! We're all actors. All these shows have writers that guide the public opinion. 'The Hills,' 'Real World.' All of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment